24 Severn Careline
24 Severn Careline service is available to anyone regardless of whether you own or rent your home. Your home can be linked to our nominated Careline Centre (WELbeing) simply by the installation of a Lifeline alarm. The Lifeline alarm is activated by the press of a button, either on the unit itself, or on a body-worn pendant.
When the Lifeline alarm is activated (which can be done from anywhere in your home or garden with the pendant) the alarm unit automatically dials through to WELbeing alarm call centre for you. When the call is answered, the operator can immediately talk to you via the speaker/microphone on the alarm unit (not through the pendant as it only sends the signal to the Alarm unit) to find out what the problem is and take the appropriate action.
The Alarm unit will work in conjunction with your own telephone. It does not therefore, undermine your independence, but it does give both you and those who care about you, the reassurance that you can summon help if you should need it.
Your Lifeline can also be fitted with some extra sensors called peripherals which when linked to the alarm can quickly obtain help for you.
These peripherals are designed for specific need and are non intrusive to your life. They include a range of sensors and detectors such as:
- Smoke Detectors offer increased reassurance by raising an alarm call at the monitoring centre while also activating a local audible alarm
- Intruder Alarm Pack – Will notify the monitoring centre of intruders in your property
- Bogus Caller Button – fitted near the door to raise an alarm if the user is in doubt about a doorstep caller
- Exit alert - to alert if a user with dementia has left their property unaccompanied
- Fall detector - detects if a person has fallen and has not risen within a short time
- Temperature extremes sensor - to detect if it is too hot or too cold or if placed near a cooker will detect if a gas ring/hot plate has been left on or a pan has boiled dry
- Bed/chair occupancy - to detect if someone has failed to get up in the morning or has got up during the night and failed to return to bed within a pre-set time
- Activity - to detect if a user has not moved around after a pre-set period of time
- Flood - to detect if a bath or basin has overflowed
- Enuresis Alert - to detect incontinence
- Epilepsy sensor – to detect a persons movements in bed and differentiate normal movements from epileptic seizures