Call us on

Mutual exchange

You might be able to ‘swap’ your home by exchanging tenancies with tenants of another housing association or council. This tenancy swap is called a mutual exchange.

If you would like to apply to mutually exchange your home, start by registering with Shropshire Homepoint.  This is a mutual exchange service exclusively for social housing tenants and it is free to use. When you register, you will need to log that Severnside is your current landlord.

We will need to give permission for a mutual exchange and there are certain factors that we take into consideration before granting permission. These factors include any rent arrears and outstanding repairs.  To find out more please take a look at the mutual exchange guidance notes in the useful documents area below.

If you want to move out of the county you can also access to the national HomeSwap Direct Scheme on the Shropshire Homepoint website.

Home » Find a home » Mutual exchange