Call us on

Home safety

Fire safety in communal areas

Fire in a communal area could spread between homes. As building owners, we carry out regular fire risk assessments of all communal areas. 

Gas appliances – your responsibilities

As a leaseholder, you are responsible for the gas appliances within your property such as the gas boiler, gas cooker, gas hob or gas fire, pipework and flues. All installation, maintenance and safety checks need to be carried out by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer. Remember to ask to see the engineers Gas Safe Register ID card to confirm they are registered and able to carry out the necessary work. Please keep your documentation safe as we may also ask to see evidence that you have had a gas service. 

Fire door checks

Severnside inspectors are now safety-checking all fire doors in apartment blocks every six months. If your home is in one of these buildings, then please be aware that your doors – including the entrance to your apartment and any store doors – will be included in this programme. Even if you are responsible for your door under the terms of your lease, we will still check your door and let you know if any remedial work is required. 

For further information on how you can help us keep you safe, please visit our dedicated website area.   

Home » My home » Leaseholders » Home safety