Contents insurance

Why do I need it?

Severnside insures your home but we do not insure your contents. It is a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for in order to help you make an informed decision on whether you need contents insurance.

Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there is always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen so home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind.

Although Severnside do not offer contents insurance other organisations do.  One such company is Thistle Insurance Services Ltd who work with the National Housing Federation to offer the My Home Contents Insurance Scheme which is a home contents insurance scheme designed for tenants  in social housing.

The My Home Contents Insurance Scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.

How do I get further information?

Call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7288

Alternatively, please visit the for more information or to request a call back.

Home » My home » Repairs and maintenance » Contents insurance