DIY and home improvements

Before making any improvements, alterations or additions to your home it is essential that you obtain written permission from Severnside and any other approvals required, before any work is started.

Requests for permission to undertaken improvements need to be made in writing, detailing:

  • the type and extent of work proposed;
  • materials to be used; and
  • if you plan to employ a contractor, the details of this contractor.

Please send your written request to:

Severnside Housing
Brassey Road
Old Potts Way

Compensation for improvements

At the end of your tenancy, you have the right to claim compensation for certain improvements that you have made, with our written consent.

You will need to provide bills and receipts relating the work and the amount of money you receive may not be the same as you spent, as wear and tear will be taken into consideration.

If you would like further guidance on making improvements to your home, please contact our customer services team on 0300 300 0059.

Home >> My home >> Repairs Maintenance >> DIY and home improvements >>