Fire safety

It’s really important that you and your family know what to do in the event of a fire in your home.

Did you know?

  • You’re four times more likely to die in a fire if you don’t have a smoke alarm that works.
  • Around half of home fires are caused by cooking accidents.
  • Two fires a day are started by candles.
  • Every six days someone dies from a fire caused by a cigarette.
  • About two fires a day are started by heaters.
  • Faulty electrics (appliances, wiring and overloaded sockets) cause around 6,000 fires in the home across the country every year.
     

Help and advice

Visit www.shropshirefire.gov.uk or call 01743 260200 to get advice on:

•    Fire safety in your home
•    How to prevent common fires
•    How to make a fire escape plan
•    Electrical safety

Home fire safety visit

Shropshire Fire and Rescue service also offer a home fire safety visit.  During the visit they will make you aware of any potential hazards within your home and appropriate actions that you can take.

To book your free home fire safety visit please call 01743 260260.

Home >> My home >> Repairs Maintenance >> Fire safety >>