Tenancy sustainment service

We understand that sometimes you may need help and assistance to manage your tenancy.

When you move into a Severnside social rented property for the first time you are given a starter tenancy for 1 year. 

It is a condition of your starter tenancy that you receive our service to help you settle in.  We can help with:

  • Budgeting to ensure that rent, council tax, service charges and other essential debts are paid.

  • Practical advice and assistance to ensure necessary correspondence is completed such as connection/payment of utilities

  • Detailed explanation of tenancy terms and conditions.

  • Acting as a mediator between the customer and service providers and organisations such as DWP, housing benefits, Council, creditors, etc.

  • Referrals to specialised support agencies relating to for example mental health or learning difficulty related issues.

  • Introducing tenants to other agencies who can advise on care, support or welfare services.

  • Making sure the property remains safe and secure.

If you have a long term illness or disability this service can be provided throughout your tenancy.

Please speak to your neighbourhood officer or supported officer to find out more. 

Home » Supported housing » Tenancy sustainment service